MagnaDrive’s patented technology uses high power Neodymium-Iron-Boron permanent magnets to create an induced magnetic force used for torque transfer.
Our system physically separates the two elements of the motor system, placing magnet discs on the load shaft and a conductor assembly on the motor shaft. Motor torque is transferred to the load across an air gap.
Benefits of Magnadrive®:
- No-contact power transfer – eliminates vibration, reduces noise, tolerates misalignment, provides overload protection, extends motor and equipment life and reduces overall maintenance costs.
- Energy efficiency – Up to 70% audited energy savings in various installations
- Precise process control – Improves product quality and optimizes process rates
- Soft start/stop – Reduces the motor’s start-up power demands and the resulting brown-outs, alleviates paying for peak power, allows downsizing of motors, increases motor life and reduces maintenance
- Simplicity and ruggedness – System can be maintained in-house and used in harsh conditions
- ISO Assurance of quality
Magnadrive® Product Catalog (PDF)
Magnadrive® Case Study – Diavik Mines, Canada (Mining)
Magnadrive® Case Study -National Thermal Power Corporation – India (Power Generation)
Magnadrive® Case Study – Chevron Corporation, Oil Tanker (Oil & Gas)
Magnadrive® Case Study – DC Water & Sewer Authority – United States (Water & Wastewater)
Magnadrive® Case Study – University of Utah, United States (HVAC)